For many of us the thought of an emergency at home can be quite terrifying.
Our First Aid at Home workshops are designed to give you the skills and knowledge to deal minor accidents at home and know when to call for further help.
We run these sessions at venues throughout the area or we can come to your home and work with you and your friends.
Workshops are 2.5 hours long and we keep the atmosphere relaxed and informal with the focus being to give you the confidence to deal incidents that may occur.
Book one workshop or several or build your own. Typical workshops include:
- Workshop 1 – Role of the first aider, staying safe, first aid to an unconcious patient, including seizures, CPR & recovery position.
- Workshop 2 – Choking, minor wounds, bleeds & burns.
- Workshop 3 – Major illnesses – heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, anaphylactic shock.
- Workshop 4 – Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries.
- Workshop 5 – First Aid outdoors – hypothermia, hyperthermia, ticks, Lymes disease, treating wounds, blisters.
Each workshops is £25 at one of our venues, including refreshments, or £20 if we come to you (based on a minimum of 4 people).
Discounts for booking multiple workshops are available.